Friday, August 6, 2010

Our Lives Unbound, by theladyingrey42


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6046442/1/

I have fallen in love with this fic. I wish it had a banner to draw people in but my enthusiasm alone will have to do.

Official Description: My mind is trapped in circles, my loneliness pressing in. Unable to speak, I reach for her spark. In her eyes, I find my partner. In her command, I find my freedom. Together, we open our lives to something more. AU/AH, D/s, male sub.

I just read the Chapter 8 update of Our Lives Unbound and it has become clear that this BDSM fic is different. I didn't even realize what has been missing from the BDSM that I've read. With this last lemon, theladyingrey42 nailed it with the real emotion and connection between Edward and Bella.

She gets into Edward's head and taps into his experience of his desire to be controlled. She takes you into the moment and Edward becomes this real person with real feelings of shame and confusion about what he's feeling. Throughout the story she has given us glimpses into his life where you can feel the loneliness that characterized his day-to-day before meeting Bella.

And Bella is a real person who doesn't just take on a dominant persona. She's playing but it seems to come from this place of deep concern and love. She seems to understand how deep his desires run and she wants to support him as he's letting himself go there. And she is even more realistic in her inexperience and self doubt. But she has this genuine desire to express this part of herself that she's been trying to repress in attempting to be normal. In my review for Chapter 8 it is clear how taken aback I was by this chapter. I believe the gist is:

holy. sh|t.
*standing ovation*
Seriously, my new favorite lemon and BY FAR the best BDSM lemon I've read in Twific.

No comments:

Post a Comment