Sunday, December 5, 2010

HOTNESS Hall of Fame: "Hey there, sailor!"


This edition of the HOTNESS Hall of Fame is dedicated to instances of killer lemons between strangers.


In certain Twific scenarios, the essential element of HOTNESS is that initial spark between Edward and Bella. That electricity that pulls them towards one another. That hungry attraction that inspires a primal need. This is often best evidenced in stories where Bella and Edward are strangers who cannot resist each other. I call these, "Hey there, sailor!" lemons and they are basically straight up ridiculous hotness between strangers.

After the jump, I break down the "Hey there, sailor!" hotness of Last Tango in Forks, Reality Minus Expectations, and Breaking Trinity. Enjoy!




One of the most clear cut examples of this is Last Tango in Forks by Awesomesauce76, where Bella stumbles upon an Edward that we know only as The Beautiful Stranger. She is checking out an apartment that's for rent and finds gorgeous and clearly emotionally distraught Edward lingering in the space after having checked the apartment out himself.


Piercing jade eyes stared back at her, surrounded by longer lashes than any man had the right to possess. They were swollen and red, and it was obvious that he had been crying. She had never felt like more of an intruder than she did in that moment, but she couldn't tear her eyes away.


He looked tragic... and broken... and heartbreakingly beautiful.


Bella suddenly remembered Mrs. Cope mentioning the lovely young man who had taken the other key. Well, if that isn't the understatement of the fucking century!


"I'm sorry," she whispered after managing to find her voice. "I didn't know anyone was still up here. Mrs. Cope said she thought you had left." 
He said nothing, but continued to stare at her as if he could see into her soul. Feeling the need to fill the awkward silence, Bella began rambling about whatever came to her mind. "Were you thinking of taking the apartment?" She glanced around the room. "It's a bit of a dump, to be honest, but it has potential."

.
.
.

Bella crossed the room and propped herself on the window ledge. "Listen... I'm sure you'd love for me to get the hell out of here. Even if you don't want the place, it's obvious that you need some privacy." He grimaced in response to her words but maintained eye contact. "Are you alright?" After what felt like minutes he shook his head slowly. "It's just that... I would feel terrible if I left here and didn't at least try to help." She tried to smile but it felt odd under his scrutiny. After a long pause she took a deep breath and bit the bullet. "Is there anything I can do for you?"


"Yes," he choked out. Although his voice sounded raw to Bella as if he'd been screaming, she wasn't surprised to hear the musical perfection behind it.


"What can I do?" She didn't notice that she had stopped breathing until she needed to speak.


He moved then, slowly walking towards her like a wildcat stalking its prey. The closer he got to her, the more she could feel something growing and tingling, as if an electric current was shooting between their bodies. He didn't stop until he was right in front of her with his arms on each side of the window, effectively caging her in. He even smells beautiful.


He looked deep into her eyes for almost a minute, allowing the electricity to build between them to a breaking point.


"You can let me fuck you," he whispered.


And that is how chapter one of this fic ends. Gah! Total strangers, crazy attraction. Ridiculous hotness ensues. You can see what happens next HERE.




Another great "Hey there, sailor!" is the pretty famous chapter 5 of mjinaspen's Reality Minus Expectations. My review from that chapter: "Whoa. I mean, I might have stroked out a bit midchapter due to the hotness that lay within." Edward and Bella meet at a bar and end up back at her place.



EPOV

I don't think I've ever wanted so badly to fuck anyone in my life. I feel intellectually challenged by Bella. I'm intrigued by her behavior, her reactions to me, and the fact that she is genuinely without any motive other than to be with me.


But also… Bella smells like something to eat. She's wild and sensuous, and she's making some of most cock-hardening sounds I have ever heard as I lick her neck, savoring her taste. Her husky little voice vibrates in my ears.


So hot.


She agreed to leave the bar with me, confirming my assessment that she heard me tell Eric that I was separated. Since we left J-Bar, she's been eager, flirtatious, and much more easy going than she was during our tense beginning conversation.


Her friends treat her like she's the kid sister. I didn't get the impression from any of the men I met tonight that she is or has been dating any of them. I find that peculiar, since she is clearly admired and a total fucking knockout.


When I kneel in front of her, I never want to stand up again. Her mahogany hair is riotous around her heart-shaped face, and her big doe eyes are staring down at me with legitimate craving.


Reluctantly, I slip off her shoes, making a mental note to ask her to don them at a later point in time, and toss them aside with her jeans. Her t-shirt is long gone. She stands before me in a pink thong and bra set.


I don't usually like thongs - I think they're kind of trashy - but Bella could wear the raunchiest Frederick's of Hollywood get-up and still manage to look like an angel.


I sit back on my haunches and stroke her pretty legs as she shivers lightly.


Is she nervous? Cold?


"Cold?" I ask, concerned that she's having second thoughts.


"No," her throaty voice is timid and shaky. "I've just… never really done anything like this before."


And there it is.


"Bella," I sit up on my knees and take her wrists in my hands. "If you want to stop, we'll stop... Whatever you want."


I can make her scream my name until she doesn't remember her own. But I need her to tell me her boundaries – what she wants, what she doesn't want.


"No," she vehemently shakes her head and shifts her weight, but she doesn't look me in the eye. "I don't want that."


"Okay," I agree as I turn her face to mine again.


No matter what she says, I'm not going any further until I know she's in this with me.


BPOV

After shouting like some kind of desperate freak for him not to stop, I lean back against the wall and try to play it cool. I just want one night, one time to feel this good.


Please... Just give me this one night.


"I need you to be honest with me," he murmurs from his knees as he holds my chin in his long fingers. "Tell me what you want… What you don't want…"


His gaze is so forceful I want to look away, but he won't let me.


"Deal?" He raises his eyebrows in question.


"Of course," I scoff. "I'm always honest."


No one has ever questioned my integrity. If Edward weren't so fuckawesome with his hands and teeth, I'd tell him to get bent.


Fingers sizzling across my body, my breasts and my thighs…


He moves the cup of my bra to the side, and without breaking eye contact he licks and captures one puckered nipple between his lips.


"Mmm…" he closes his eyes and moans in pleasure, and I wonder how he can be so passionate about a nipple.


Then he bites and swirls his tongue around and around, and I begin to understand how he can be so passionate about a nipple.


Edward rolls the wet, exposed peak between his finger and his thumb, focusing his oral skills on my other nipple under the thin satin of my Victoria's Secret balconette.


Licking down my body, tracing my waist and my ribcage, light touches of his gloriously callused fingers…


I feel a sudden, sharp tug at the ring in my belly button, and I gasp. He grins up at me and releases the ring with a sound of scraping metal to continue his journey down my body.


Edward grasps my hip, and with his other hand he is creating some kind of pattern on the front of my thong that is fucking mesmerizing.


"Bella?" he asks, cool and casual.


"Hm?" I look down at him in his wife beater and pants with his big, black booted feet sprawled out behind him.


He tilts his head and purses his lips as he asks, "Will you let me use my fingers to make you come?"


Oh God…


"Umm…" I just don't know what the hell I'm supposed to say to that.


I've got the most beautiful man I've ever seen in my entire life on his knees in front of me, asking if he can "make me come" with the most beautiful fingers I've ever seen in my entire life.


Like I'm gonna say "no".


"Yeah," I sound like an idiot.


"Good girl," he smiles and grazes my hip with his teeth.


Hot breath on my skin, fingers working inside my panties and between my lips…


"Ho-holy fuuuck…" I exhale, rising up onto my toes, clenching my thighs and scraping my fingernails against the dry wall behind me.


He doesn't look up at me as his hand automatically shoots to my knee, pushing my legs back open. He starts to nuzzle the insides of my thighs, licking my skin and laughing into my hips. His finger strokes up and down my slick entrance, weakening my knees.


Before I can slide down the wall to my ass, Edward pulls my leg over his shoulder and pushes the damp fabric aside. I feel more stable this way, but also more exposed. Licking long and slow from bottom to top, he takes my clit between his lips as he eases one long slender finger into me.


"Ung," I am waaaay beyond poised. I'm fucking muttering nonsense.


One finger, then two, slow and steady...


He sucks hard on my clit, curls his fingers, and scratches that itch. A fire ignites in my thighs and flashes across my hips, into my groin and smolders in my abdomen.


Edward's tongue is in me, and he's slowly moving over my clit with his finger and thumb when I come. I feel as loud as the fireworks that shoot over the mountain on New Year's Eve and the 4th of July.


Nice, Bella. Real ladylike.


He grips my thigh from behind and removes it from his shoulder as he stands. He settles my leg over his hip as he opens his pants and rifles through his back pocket.


"Bella," Edward looks me in the eye as he rips open a condom package with his teeth.


"I want to fuck you," he looks down to roll the condom onto his hard cock.


I am stunned by his candor. This moment is surreal. I simply stare at him as his eyes turn back to meet mine.


"Do you want me to fuck you?" He tilts his head to get a better view of what I am certain is an expression of astonishment on my face as he languidly strokes his cock.


His lips are full and moist. I lick my lips and nod my head.


Yes...


"Hell, yes." I manage to utter words that make some kind of sense, no matter how crude, as I wonder what the hell I've gotten myself into.


Dude has managed to make me second-guess myself, several times, and then orgasm like my head might pop off. He doesn't seem to be slowing down at all, either. If I wasn't so fucking turned on, I might run screaming from my apartment.


Regardless of my warring emotions, I wrap my arms around his neck as he smiles that luscious, crooked grin before ripping my thong with a solid yank.


Well, let's mark that one up as another first.


You really must go HERE and read the rest of that scene. Holy hell! the HOTNESS. 




And finally, like a master class in the crazy primal attraction of the "Hey there, sailor!" lemon, you've got Breaking Trinity by VvDeadRosesvV. We start here in Chapter 3 with the strangers spying each other from across the room. First in Edward's POV...


I knew women. More than just nameless faces passing my bed or a would-be plague of foolhardy love. I had a younger sister. I was versed in aggravated female damage.


None of the little-leaguers here were even close to stealthy-cat-girls' caliber. And with only one head functioning at a time, they were blind to the venom in that lacquered smile.


The collective maleness of the room spoke volumes. Every would-be champion was ready to stare down the eyes of this Medusa just for the pleasure of letting her turn their dicks to stone.


I tipped my flask back, never removing my eyes from the curvy brunette. I watched her shoulders tense and her lips part, softly. Her eyes were like metal under my magnetism, she couldn't fight the pull. Dark chocolate dilated and my nostrils flared.


I could fucking smell her. Tangerines and honey.


She took a step toward me and I was out of my seat, my body propelled itself forward, lean muscle and sinew suddenly electric-shocked and coiled to pounce. I wanted a fist-full of her hair and my teeth in her neck.


The girl arched a step back from me, her eyes wide and locked into mine. She wasn't a bitter-harpy. There was injury in her orbs, the frayed-edge of innocence. Something about me, frightened her. Fuck, I was even scaring myself.


I wanted to hurt her.


I wanted to heal her.


I didn't know her.


But I wanted to.


The little provocateur gasped and I watched her throat constrict. Emotions flashed over her dark eyes like movie scenes. I was ready to pay admission just for the coming attractions.


The girl's ass hit the couch when she backed up again, trapping herself. I cleared another step toward her and that too-pale face flushed with temperature. I dragged in an unsteady breath and tasted the air for her.


Tangerine. Honey. Wet-Wildflowers.


My cock twitched. The she-devil smiled. Her courage was back.


Or at least, her stealth was. In the breath it took me to close the distance, she was moving through the male bodies that pressed too close, finding purchase for her little frame. She bounded out of my reach like a gazelle through the underbrush. I wanted to roar in frustration.


Then in Bella's POV...


I realized then, eyes were all over me. It was as liberating as it was unnerving. I felt my smile grow wider, because I was ready to be bad.


Then, I saw him.


A shadow of a figure shifting through a bleary-temporal void in the corner of the living room with eyes so green they were practically glowing. 

The heat that rolled off that verdant gaze made me smolder and my breath caught on my lips, instantly.


He was the most gorgeous creature I had ever witnessed. Wild bronze hair in complete disarray made him look like he had just fucked his way out of a fashion magazine and into the real world. Emerald eyes half lidded and I watched him, watching me. Lush lips parted for a fast breath and I was already taking a step closer.


Magnetic. The pull of his gaze locked me in place and he was up like a jungle-cat. Black non-descript tee shirt clinging to his body, teasing the musculature of his torso, playing peek-a-boo with every hidden indent. Ebony jeans wrapped around him like a lover, hugging his firm man-thick thighs.


My ribcage wracked and the thunder of my heart pushed against my bones. I watched his gaze darken, hooding over with something primal enough to make me step back until my ass met the couch behind me. I was trapped, afraid and enticed. Fight or flight. Fuck or run.


His nostrils flared and I gasped, a wave of his scent falling over me like a tide. Sun, salt-water and freshly cured leather. My courage fled me even as a sudden heat consumed me. My thighs burned to overlap his perfect fucking hips. I was scaring myself.


His eyes burned me and I shivered like a cauterized wound, red flesh singed and agonized. I wanted him to rub the tender skin, make it hurt and lick it better- that perfect fucking mouth glistening with my blood and lust.


Oh god, where did that come from? I felt my back arch and my stalking jungle-cat started to close the distance between us. The smile marked my lips before I realized it had materialized. I wanted him. But I wasn't giving in that easily.


They avoid each other for the rest of the night, both weirded out by the intensity of their attraction to the other. But as fate would have it, Bella is wandering around and stumbles upon an Edward who is fixing to pass out in a spare room at the party. And that's when the fuckhotness is unleashed. Check out a taste of their crazy, animalistic, lemony goodness.


I was in a place of calm. The momentary lapse of reason had taken almost two hours to finally abate. Still, it was a success. I was myself again.


Exhausted from mentally wrestling with myself, I decided to forgo the remainder of the party and take refuge here, in Laurent's room. I nestled onto my side, drawing one of the many pillows beneath the crook of my arm to cradle my head with.


Sweet, blissful relaxation.


In a state of near sleep, the faint jostling sound of the metal door knob made me slit my eyes. Was the owner of the room back to claim it? 

Had I fallen into the void of darkness and lost track of time?


The portal parted with a slow creak and I propped my head up, trying to shake off the exhaustion that whispered sweet nothings into my soul. My cheek braced my flattened palm.


Tangerine. Honey.


The light flicked on but my eyes stayed straight to my target, all threat of tiredness ebbed from my body with a single push of my heart. I burned like wild-fire and locked myself to chocolate-eyes.


"You." The words left my lips like an accusation.


I was already sitting up, that clawing sensation beneath the surface of my skin, ripping me in two. My proper-fucking-pedigree left me. 

Instinct took over.


Her bewildered squint slowly widened, watching me and petal soft lips parted to pass uneven breath. Shocks of long, dark hair trembled down her shoulders. She was wearing a deep blue, body-hugging, long sleeved shirt.


Fuck. 

I could see the outline of her hard nipples and the hot swell of her perfect breasts. I wanted to bite, lick, suck, fuck those perky tits and cover them with my scent.


The girl bit into her glossy lower lip with the white of her teeth. I moved in toward her with stalking slow steps. Her gorgeous flush turned pale skin a shade of perfect pink. There was no going back now. Gentleman Edward faded to black and in the wake of shadow, something shifted.


A snarl passed my mouth. It felt so fucking right.


Her back arched along the cold wall in reply. This bitch was baiting me.


"Me?" Her voice was a low, sultry whisper. Her hands pressed like claws against the paint.


"Don't play coy with me." I wanted her to run away. To end this torment and give me back control of myself.


The vixen-she-devil laughed mockingly and pushed off of the wall. I closed my hand against the paint just a second too late to trap her. 

Beautiful little fissures bruised the ice blue wall where my knuckles connected. Stealthy-cat was living up to her moniker.


I stood stone still, watching her. The scent of wet-wildflowers hit me and I shook my neck from side to side, satisfied with the crack of bone reverberating through my ears. Her dark eyes held mine and she reached for the door, tormented innocence flashing across her features in a moment of weakness.


My body propelled forward, my hand shutting the only exit. She turned, her spine and palms flat against the wooden barricade. I captured her against my body. There would be no escape the second time around.


I sniffed the air around her, audibly, no longer giving a shit about propriety. My body trapped her and the scent grew stronger. The intensity hit me like a brick wall and my hand kept itself pressed to the door, daring her to try and break my brute force.


Wet-wildflowers, strong and deep made my breath hiss. The girl shifted against the door, those long legs parting.


My dick twitched and I knew the answer to every fucking question ever asked. I let the power of scent drag me down and bury me. Heavy sniffling breaths forced me to hunch, forced me to my knees. Her tits, her torso, her belly-button. The more south I slid the sharper the aroma. I tracked her scent directly to the fucking source.


I gripped her hips, dragging her toward me.


There, at the core of her body, wet-wildflowers became lust. Fuck. She was ripe for a mating.


My nose slid along her pelvic bone before dragging across denim. Right fucking there. I felt her gasp when my nose pressed against the seam of her jeans, forcing hard material against her clit.


Her hiss made my dick leak. My tongue licked up and down her stitched seam. I drank her scent in and forced her thighs apart with my strong hands.


"Tell me you want my cock," I hissed, looking up-over her flat belly and into her half lidded eyes. I grazed teeth over denim and her back flexed into the door.


Her whimper caught me off guard, my hard enamel catching on coarse material. God, I wanted to tongue her and feel her press her pussy against my face. Her scent was like liquid nitrogen.


"Answer me!" I growled on my knees, my tongue flat against the seam that ran so damn deep between her spread thighs. I wanted to drink her until her pussy ran dry.


"Yes…" the she-devil bit back a throaty moan. Her hands slid into my hair, tugging wayward bronze and making me bite into her denim covered cunt. "Please…"


She. Fucking. Begged.


All reason left me. I rose up against her, forcing my palms flat to the door. I trapped her and pressed my aching dick into the hollow of her thigh. My hips bucked, rubbing against her like an animal marking territory, growling at the painful friction of my too-tight jeans.


"Please, what?" My hot breath moistened her flesh, splaying across her neck. My prey pressed her hips against me, arching one leg over my knee. My teeth found her upright-tilted jaw, capturing the flesh and bone.


"Fuck me." Her hand slid down between our pressed bodies, palming my dick through my jeans. I released my teeth from her jaw and growled.


Well, hello there, sailor. Yeah. Go HERE for the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment