This week's theme... shotgunning. In fic, in movies, in life, shotgunning is hot as fuck.
Shotgunning is when you are smoking and you want to share your smoke. One person inhales as another person exhales. It's a super intimate move. The sexiest thing about it... it's an innocuous gesture that is anything but.
I quit smoking a couple years ago, but there is one thing that gets me everytime: when I see sexy people smoking sexily on the big screen. It makes my mouth water and luckily, the non-smoking theater policy saves me from myself.
I saw The Runaways a few weeks ago and I am STILL drooling over the scene where Joan and Cherie makeout. It all starts when Joan-Kristen shotguns the smoke from her joint into Cherie-Dakota's mouth. I can't wait for that shit to come out on DVD so I can see it again. Why, because watching hot women shotgun a joint is hot as fuck. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but you are wrong.
As a shotgun connoisseur, I have chosen two particularly hot instances of shotgunning in twific: The Hood by YogaGal, and Emancipation Proclamation by kharizzmatik. I submit them to you as entries in this week's HOTNESS Hall of Fame, in the category of "innocuous gestures that become fuckhot gamechangers"
Sharing this category with foot massages and "accidental" crotch grazes, the shotgun is a non-move move. It combines close proximity and sensuality in a way that can be played-off should it be met with rejection. Watch Pulp Fiction's Jules and Vincent discuss what's so cool about foot massages. The total non-move move.
In chapter 1 of The Hood, my high school experience is expertly recreated in fic form, as Edward breaks the ice by offering to share a bowl with Bella. She sees it at first as a means to settle the tension, only to see the sexual tension ratcheted up a notch through Edward's shotgun technique. Oh, how I love you, Phish-playing Stonerward...
I sit down on the opposite end of the couch, trying to figure out just what to say. Instead of letting my nerves eat me up, I end up closing my eyes and listen to Edward play. His skillful fingers pick out a beautiful song, and soon I find myself humming along.
"If I could, I would, but I don't know how…"
The words and tune are simple, but they speak volumes. Edward riffs at the end, concluding the song beautifully, and I can't help staring at him. He stares right back and grins sheepishly. My cheeks flame up with heat, and soon the air grows way too thick between us. I lick my dry lips and am startled to see Edward slowly swallow, seemingly mesmerized. He breaks the moment first by holding up his pouch.
"Smoke?"
"Sure."
Because, why the hell not? At least, it's something we know we're good at and it's comfortable, familiar. This charged air between us certainly isn't, and it seems that neither of us knows what to do. Edward pulls out his plastic baggie of weed and starts to break off pieces to stuff in his pipe. He looks up, and I see him smirk, almost laughing to himself. I wonder what's so funny, but before I can ask, he pats the cushion next to him.
"Come closer," he says, his voice deep and slightly hoarse.
There's no way I can deny him, and before I even allow myself to think twice, I've scooted closer, my leg brushing up against his. He packs the weed down more and then holds the pipe up to his lips. They wrap around the glass, and I can't help staring at them. They're pink and moist, and I wonder what they taste like. The hiss of Edward's lighter breaks me from my thoughts, and I watch as he lights up, pulling a slow, long hit. He holds the smoke in his lungs for a moment before putting the pipe down on the table. I go to take it, but he fiercely shakes his head.
I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, and before I can figure out what's going on, Edward's hands cup my face and pull me towards him. His cool hands feel rough against my skin, and my mouth opens up, letting out a quiet gasp. Edwards takes the opportunity and closes the gap between us, his lips mere inches from mine. Leaning forward he presses his lips firmly against mine before opening his mouth slowly, exhaling the smoke into my mouth. It's a heady mixture of minty chapstick and skunky weed, and I'm startled for a second. I just sit there, not breathing, not blinking, not thinking.
"Breathe," Edward mumbles against my lips, so I do, inhaling the sweet smoke that just came from him. I hold it in my lungs long enough so that my chest tightens slight before I begrudgingly move slightly away from him, needing to exhale. The smoke billows out of my mouth and I watch it swirl past his face, only inches from mine.
"Thanks… I liked that. It was…" I struggle with the right word, before finally settling on one.
"…different."
Edward cocks an eyebrow at me and I rush to clarify.
"Different good, I mean."
"Different good," he echoes back to me and nods his head thoughtfully. "Yeah…"
The shotgun scene from Emancipation Proclamation is given to us in both Bella's then Edward's POV. Bella provides a wide-eyed account of the sensual experience. We then get to hear from Edward about the true intent behind sharing his J via shotgun.
From Emancipation Proclamation, Chapter 22 (BPOV):
He stood up and walked over to me. My heart started beating fast as he crouched down in front of me, face level with me. “This will relax you,” he said, smiling lightly and raising his eyebrows at me. “It’s marijuana, nothing crazy or anything, just a fucking plant. I wouldn’t give you anything that could hurt you. You wanna try?”
I just stared at him, slightly stunned by his proximity. His eyes were staring straight into mine, so close the green was practically hypnotizing me as they were swirling with emotion. It didn’t help that the fuzzy feeling inside of me had grown a bit from the alcohol.
I nodded hesitantly after a moment, a little nervous because I had no idea what I was doing. He smirked and must have sensed my apprehension. “I’ll make it easy on you,” he said. “Sit still and open your mouth and inhale what I give you, okay? When you inhale it just hold it as long as you can.”
I nodded. He brought the drug to his lips and sucked in deeply. I parted my lips and sat as still as I could, despite my anxiety. He moved his head forward toward me and my heart started racing fast as he cocked his head to the side. He paused when his lips were only about an inch from mine and started exhaling. I inhaled when he exhaled, the mixture of the smoke from his lungs and the intoxicating scent of his cologne entering my system. It clouded everything and I closed my eyes, holding it in my lungs. It burned a bit but I held it as long as I could before finally letting it go when I needed air. I exhaled slowly, opening my eyes. Edward was still in front of me but had moved his head back, his expression staggering. His stare was intense, almost burning through me.
He smiled lightly after a second, bringing the drug back to his lips and sucking in again. He leaned forward quickly, pausing with his lips close to mine and exhaled again. I sucked in his air and closed my eyes once more, holding it.
I felt my entire body tingling, an intense relaxed feeling taking over me. I finally exhaled again, opening my eyes. Edward smirked, still crouched in front of me.
From Emancipation Proclamation, Chapter 23 (EPOV):
I was quite a bit intoxicated and the weed had me relaxed. I couldn’t believe she’d actually been willing to drink the Everclear with me, as that shit was strong, and was even more fucking stunned that she hadn’t run for the hills or had a panic attack when I rolled the blunt. I knew she’d never done any of that before and Christ, I felt like a dickhead corrupting her. She was so innocent and pure, unlike anyone I’d ever met. Every thing was fresh and astonishing to her, and I loved the way her fucking eyes lit up when she was seeing or experiencing something new. And maybe it was selfish of me to want to get her fucked up and uninhibited, but I wanted to spend some time with her and get to know the real her and not that robotic version that had been roaming the house all goddamn week. I wanted her to be at ease with me and look at me like I was just another fucking person, an equal, and not someone above her like a master. I realized that was probably hard for her, to look at me like she was my equal, considering my father paid money for her. But she wasn’t a piece of property to me. She was just a girl, and a beautiful fucking girl at that, and I was just a boy who wanted to know her.
And I can’t lie; watching her inhale the smoke I’d exhaled was erotic. It felt like she was taking me into her system, inviting me in. A fucking part of me was inside of her, flowing through her. It was sensual and made my dick harder than I’d ever felt it before. It was throbbing and I tried to ignore the shit, not wanting to be indecent or scare her off. I had no idea how she felt about me, if she’d even ever want me like that. She was inexperienced and to be honest so was I.
From Emancipation Proclamation, Chapter 22 (BPOV):
He stood up and walked over to me. My heart started beating fast as he crouched down in front of me, face level with me. “This will relax you,” he said, smiling lightly and raising his eyebrows at me. “It’s marijuana, nothing crazy or anything, just a fucking plant. I wouldn’t give you anything that could hurt you. You wanna try?”
I just stared at him, slightly stunned by his proximity. His eyes were staring straight into mine, so close the green was practically hypnotizing me as they were swirling with emotion. It didn’t help that the fuzzy feeling inside of me had grown a bit from the alcohol.
I nodded hesitantly after a moment, a little nervous because I had no idea what I was doing. He smirked and must have sensed my apprehension. “I’ll make it easy on you,” he said. “Sit still and open your mouth and inhale what I give you, okay? When you inhale it just hold it as long as you can.”
I nodded. He brought the drug to his lips and sucked in deeply. I parted my lips and sat as still as I could, despite my anxiety. He moved his head forward toward me and my heart started racing fast as he cocked his head to the side. He paused when his lips were only about an inch from mine and started exhaling. I inhaled when he exhaled, the mixture of the smoke from his lungs and the intoxicating scent of his cologne entering my system. It clouded everything and I closed my eyes, holding it in my lungs. It burned a bit but I held it as long as I could before finally letting it go when I needed air. I exhaled slowly, opening my eyes. Edward was still in front of me but had moved his head back, his expression staggering. His stare was intense, almost burning through me.
He smiled lightly after a second, bringing the drug back to his lips and sucking in again. He leaned forward quickly, pausing with his lips close to mine and exhaled again. I sucked in his air and closed my eyes once more, holding it.
I felt my entire body tingling, an intense relaxed feeling taking over me. I finally exhaled again, opening my eyes. Edward smirked, still crouched in front of me.
From Emancipation Proclamation, Chapter 23 (EPOV):
I was quite a bit intoxicated and the weed had me relaxed. I couldn’t believe she’d actually been willing to drink the Everclear with me, as that shit was strong, and was even more fucking stunned that she hadn’t run for the hills or had a panic attack when I rolled the blunt. I knew she’d never done any of that before and Christ, I felt like a dickhead corrupting her. She was so innocent and pure, unlike anyone I’d ever met. Every thing was fresh and astonishing to her, and I loved the way her fucking eyes lit up when she was seeing or experiencing something new. And maybe it was selfish of me to want to get her fucked up and uninhibited, but I wanted to spend some time with her and get to know the real her and not that robotic version that had been roaming the house all goddamn week. I wanted her to be at ease with me and look at me like I was just another fucking person, an equal, and not someone above her like a master. I realized that was probably hard for her, to look at me like she was my equal, considering my father paid money for her. But she wasn’t a piece of property to me. She was just a girl, and a beautiful fucking girl at that, and I was just a boy who wanted to know her.
And I can’t lie; watching her inhale the smoke I’d exhaled was erotic. It felt like she was taking me into her system, inviting me in. A fucking part of me was inside of her, flowing through her. It was sensual and made my dick harder than I’d ever felt it before. It was throbbing and I tried to ignore the shit, not wanting to be indecent or scare her off. I had no idea how she felt about me, if she’d even ever want me like that. She was inexperienced and to be honest so was I.
Hotness abounds. As a nonsmoker, I may not be able to do shotguns anymore, but I sure fucking love reading about them. Damn.
What other moments in fic show someone attempting to make a non-move move? What other scenes in fic fall under the category of "innocuous gestures that turn into fuckhot gamechangers" Show me whatcha got in my comments :)






EEP! i just read EP to current a few weeks back, and that shotgun was described perfectly, i can still picture it even though it was fairly early on in the fic.
ReplyDeleteI haven't see Runaways yet, but am looking forward to it just for the Kristen/Dakota kiss.
Hi Althea!!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and I know you're a Ed/Bella shipper, but I read an Alice/Jas one shot with a hot shotgunning scene if you're interested. it's called, 'Absolute' by Alsper. There's also some really, sexy note writing in it, as well. ;o)
I hope you check it out!
~Charli
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5774493/1/Absolute
Thanks so much for the rec! And for all of your fantastic comments around the blog. I love finding out what people are reading and enjoying on the blog. <3
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Just reading that The Hood is being compared to EP makes me want to read it now and your line about being wrong regarding the Runaways kiss made me snort. Thanks for the giggle!
ReplyDelete